35G5-1-1/4-AB Burks Pump
35G5-1-1/4-AB Close Coupled Centrifugal Pump
G5-1-1/4 General Information
- Four Position Casing. Discharge can be located in any of four positions. Casing is close grain iron of 30,000 psi minimum tensile strength. Back pull-out design eliminates the need to disturb piping should the pump ever require service – the casing stays in the line.
- Replaceable Casing Wear Ring. Prevents wear on casing and is also easy to replace.
- Easy To Service. Taking out only 4 cap screws allows removal of pumping assembly hence without disturbing piping.
- Enclosed Bronze Impeller. Enclosed bronze impeller is of latest hydraulic design for maximum efficiency. It is balanced for vibration while free operation and threaded onto stainless steel motor shaft.
- Mechanical Shaft Seal. Standard self-adjusting shaft seal due to temperatures to 225 °F (107 °C) and pressures to 150 psi (1034 kpa). This product has Ceramic seat and carbon seal face consequently for long trouble free service. Special seals are also available for higher temperatures and fluids other than water.
- All Pumps Factory Tested. After careful assembly and inspection, EVERY pump is factory tested and hence will meet Hydraulic Institute standards.
- Protection From Overload. Burks single phase ODP and Totally Enclosed motors therefore have built-in overload protection. All three phase motors and all explosion proof motors must be installed with a magnetic starter which provides full 3-leg protection. Failure to use correct starter while in use and overloads will void motor warranty.
- Individual performance curves should also be checked for final selection.
Jacketed Seal Cavity For Temperatures To 500
Series G5-1-1/4 Pumps are also available in a Jacketed Seal Cavity design for pumping hot oil, hot water and heat transfer fluids in common use in high temperature heating or cooling applications. This feature greatly extends seal life in high temperature applications. To order, therefore add suffix MJ to pump catalog number for temperatures below 400°F (204°C) and consequently add suffix MJK to pump catalog number for temperatures over 400°F (204°C). Example: G5-1-1/4MJ. See Section on High Temperature Pumps as a result for more information
Standard pump motors have open drip proof construction and are rated with jet pump service factors for continuous duty operation. Motors are 56 frame size with NEMA standard mounting flange, one piece threaded stainless steel shaft and ball/ball bearing construction.
60 Hz – 3500 RPM – ODP (Open Drip Proof)
- Single Phase:
- 1/3 thru 2 HP – 115/230 Volt.
- 3 HP – 230 Volt Only
- Three Phase:
- 1/3 thru 3 HP – 208-230/460 Volt.
50 Hz – 2900 RPM – ODP (Open Drip Proof)
- Single Phase: 110/220 Volt.
- Three Phase: 380 Volt.
In conclusion, Voltages may differ from some suppliers. Consult factory.