GNA5-1-1/4 Centrifugal Pumps
GNA5-1-1/4 Centrifugal Pump
All GNA5-1-1/4 Series General Information
- Four Position Casing. Discharge can be located in any of four positions. Casing is close grain iron of 30,000 psi minimum tensile strength. While Back pull-out design eliminates the need to disturb piping should the pump ever require service - the casing stays in the line. Openings are provided for test gauges, for venting and for draining the pump.
- Enclosed Bronze Impeller. Enclosed Bronze Impeller is of the latest hydraulic design for maximum efficiency. It is balanced for vibration-free operation and threaded onto stainless steel motor shaft.
- Mechanical Shaft Seal. Standard self-adjusting shaft seal for temperatures up to 225 °F (107 °C) and pressures to 150 psi (1034 kpa). Ceramic seat and carbon seal face for long trouble-free service. Special seals are available for higher temperatures and fluids other than water.
- Coupling Guard. Furnished on all complete thus Base-Mounted units manufactured by Burks Pumps. Not furnished with purchase of pump only, but required.
- Replaceable casing wear ring is especially relevant.
- Install in any position - Either Horizontal, vertical or on an angle.
- Easy to service - most of all back pull-out design allows removal of pumping assembly thus without disturbing piping.
- Factory Tested. After careful assembly and inspection, EVERY pump is factory, hence, no worries.
tested and will meet Hydraulic Institute standards.
Jacketed Seal Cavity
Series GNA5-1-1/4 and and all G6-1-1/4 pumps are also available in a Jacketed Seal Cavity design for pumping hot oil, hot water and heat transfer fluids in common use in high temperature heating or cooling applications. Furthermore this feature greatly extends seal life in high temperature applications. Especially relevant to order, add suffix “MJ” to pump catalog number for temperatures below 400°F (240°C) and add suffix “MJK” to pump catalog number for temperatures over 400°F (240°C). Another Example: GNA5-1-1/4MJ. In Conclusion See Section on High Temperature Pumps for more information.
Maximum Operating Conditions GNA5-1-1/4 Centrifugal Pumps
- Temperature (For Standard Buna-N Seal) - 225 °F (107 °C)
- Horsepower - 3 HP
- Inlet Pressure - 100 PSI (690 kpa)
- Case Working Pressure - 250 PSI (1723 kpa)
3500 RPM 60Hz - ODP
- Capacities to 80 GPM (5 LPS)
- Heads to Feet (41 M)
2900 RPM 50Hz - ODP
- Capacities to 68 GPM (4.3 LPS)
- Heads to Feet (28M)